Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to take time out to wish everyone a blessed prosperous and happy New Year! I went home to Atlanta for Christmas, and couldn't WAIT to get back to Miami to bring the New Year in.


I had been looking for a banging dress to wear for NYE, preferably something sparkly, but after not finding any I LOVED I decided to wear a dress I had bought a month or so ago and never wore. I must say, it was a big success! I received compliments all night and I didn't look like the hundreds of girls in sequin dresses.


I began my night at RedBull's SoundClash- a huge concert happening in downtown Miami featuring Mike Posner and Ludacris. I scored press passes and was able to interview Mike and Luda before the show, as well as take good pics of the set-up.

I didn't stay for the concert, but both Luda and Mike were very fun to chat with and surprisingly very humble!


I finished the night at Karu & Y in downtown Miami with Ryan Leslie, Rosci and T.O.

I wore a Derek Heart cranberry colored bodycon dress with a sweetheart mesh inset in the front of the dress and a long panel in the back. I paired it with classic black pumps and diamond fashion jewelry for a simple yet stunning look.

It was my first time ever wearing red lips, but I figured NYE was the perfect time to try it out, and it worked! I applied a dark smokey eye and light blush to compliment the look.




Dress: Derek Heart; Earrings: Accessory Shop; Bracelet: Burlington Coat Factory; Ring: Ashley Stewart; Shoes: Maripé