Friday, February 24, 2012

Vintage Fashion Finds for the Classroom

If you don't know- I'm in grad school studying advertising as a copywriter. We've been having class with Vanderbilt University for the past week or so, and we had the task of creating a Jimmy Fallon-esque "Ready, Set Flow" Rap for class. If you're not familiar, the concept is you are given three words- a person, place and thing, and you have 30 seconds to freestyle and the words must be included in your rap. ILL!

Our three words were: Rob Isherwood, Nash Vegas, Bumblebee Tuna (LOL)




I had a super fun time doing this assignment, and the best part other than actually writing the rap was figuring out what to wear and how I wanted to look! I went with a classic 80's baby look, all in which I had in my closet already. First, I threw on a black cami, (cami's are SO staple) then a really funky cotton print top that was thrifted in Chicago and cut up. I paired that with my neon pink and black Alexander McQueen zipper leggings, X-disc earrings from Ashley Stewart, Rope Chain from NYC's Chinatown and vintage Cazal's, also thrifted. For my hair, I chose a super 80's high ponytail with a black headband.
After I presented the video in class, everyone wanted to know where that "wall" was that I filmed in front of. It was a piece of fabric that I got from my ABSOLUTE FAV fabric store in Atlanta for literally 2 or 3 bucks. Man, I love a deal! Finally, here's the video. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it!