Monday, October 22, 2012

Color blocking OOTD

Am I the only person that picks an accessory to wear for the day then coordinates an entire outfit around that accessory?! Backwards, I know, but believe it or not that's how I coordinate most of my outfits. I am an accessory queen!

Needless to say, today's outfit inspiration came from a must-wear accessory! I was running to a quick meeting and I didn't feel like flat ironing my hair, so I opted to wear a vintage scarf from my online boutique. This scarf is one of my personal DVD because it has soooo many colors to work with, making outfit possibilities endless.

I chose bright red skinny jeans from F21 paired with a heather grey sheer sweater I picked up from Burlington Coat Factory. I like the contrast of brights and neutrals in color blocking--it gives a sense of balance to the outfit. I added another level of color blocking with a solid cobalt blue purse from old navy.

My gold cage earrings are from Burlington, my bangle is from Authurs in Atlanta, Ga and my glasses are from a little shop in Chicago,IL.

How do you rock the color blocking trend?